Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2006 12:52 PM
Subject: [ozmidwifery] term breech trial - ECV option

I think it would be good to get a list of providers in each state who are performing External Cephalic Version ECV.  I know, having just been to Box Hill Maternity for an inservice, they have one or two progressive obstetricians who have a regular ECV clinic.  They have theatre on standby if needed.  I am sure plenty of women would be prepared to travel far and wide if they knew this option existed and could possibly avoid the need for LUSCS.

I know this is not optimal, but at least some women may avoid LUSCS if ECV is offered.  I think it is performed at 37 weeks to be the most successful.

I would also be interested in other units offering this service to tell the women in my care if anyone knows of them.

Thanks

Helen Cahill