Title: Midwives in Finland??
Do we have any Finnish midwives on list?

If not does anyone know of any?

An Australian woman in Finland is looking for a Homebirth midwife.

She was horrified by the following

I just want to quote to you the section of the information booklet I received called 'we're having a baby'.
This section is titled 'admission routines' and it says:

'The following procedures will be carried out on admission. First you will be weighed and washed and asked to change into hospital clothes. You will then be given an enema, as an empty bowel gives the baby more room. Your pubic hair may be shaved off. Your blood pressure and pulse will be taken and your urine tested for protein and glucose. An external and internal examination will be made to determine the baby's size, the size of your pelvis and how far the cervix is dilated'.

Ta

JC