From: adamnamy
Sent: Saturday, October 14, 2006 7:04 AM
Subject: [ozmidwifery] Goodbyes

I too appreciate the variety of input from all contributors.  Things get a bit heated but that’s life at the coalface. Our biggest challenge is not each other but an attitude that says women can’t be in charge of their own bodies and make their own decisions.  Let’s not lose sight of that goal and get personal.  We all do our bit, the bit that we can do.  And always, it will vary according to our strengths and weaknesses.

It would be a real shame to lose either of you.  As a non midwife, I really appreciate the expertise and the perspectives that midwives working in various settings bring to the discussions.  We need to know what we are up against…so be honest about the challenges you face, because they become ours pretty quickly.

In gratitude for your dedication,

amy