HI Lisa –

Am not at work until next Wednesday – but will try and get hold of the title of the book that was sent down to the ward when we had the lac consultant tut tutting that the bub wasn’t getting the expressed milk – bub is also getting valp levels, platelets and LFT’s done!

Tiff J

From: owner-ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au [mailto:owner-ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au] On Behalf Of Lisa Barrett
Sent: Friday, 20 October 2006 8:36 AM
To: ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] medication question

Hi Tiff

I have looked after a woman taking Olanzapine for Bi Polar recently and she hasn't been able to breast feed, this information was gained through the WCH drug information service.  She was changed from Sodium Valp to Olanzapine while pregnant due the the well known effects of the Sodium Valp on the baby.  It was as well researched as we could make it.  I worked in conjunction with the mental health service and the womens and Childrens.   she had a fantastic homebirth and was gutted about the breast feeding.  Who publishes the book on medications I would like to follow this up more closely.

Thanks Lisa Barrett