Hi all,

After being to the Midwifery conference in Germany last week and attending a great latin american dance show last night I am inspired to write an article about dancing and birth. I have a long history in dancing and had easy births myself. I have talked to quite a few dancing friends lately and all had natural labors and felt empowered by it. So if you have great stories of women dancing trough labor or how dancing during pregnancy can help, please share. Do you think, that dancing makes pelvic floor muscles stronger, and that is what helps, or what other advantages can we find in dancing? How have you seen women use rythm and movements? Does anyone know if there is difference weather you dance ballet, ballroom, salsa or belly dance... (prenatally, that is)

Päivi