Question for you as a doula do you get paid for your services or is a gratis/honorarium. I think that she would ask these questions

From: owner-ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au [mailto:owner-ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au] On Behalf Of Honey Acharya
Sent: Thursday, 9 November 2006 3:03 PM
To: ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] doula

There are a number of different courses to choose from. All have fees for the training but they vary in what is covered and what is charged so it is worth checking them out and finding which one suits her best. Some of it will also depend where she lives as some require you to attend whereas others are online or via correspondence.

The ones I know of are

Childbirth International (Distance learning option)

Rhea Dhempsey ?? (Melbourne)

Birthing Rites (Sydney)

Birth Central

Optimum Birth (Distance learning option)

Capers Bookstore also host DONA training I believe ??

check out

it has a comparison of three of them

I'm sure others will also respond with other options.

Regards

Honey Acharya

Student Midwife BMid UniSA

Certified Doula - Childbirth International