----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, November 10, 2006 11:31 AM
Subject: Re: Bub Hub Community Forums Contact Us Form - Site Feedback

OK - but it states that unethical marketing of bottles and teats would be in breach of the Code - not that bottles and teats can't be advertised at all.  It's advertising promoting bottlefeeding over breastfeeding that breaches the code - but the Dr Brown's ad doesn't promote bottlefeeding over breastfeeding.  It's says that if you need to use a bottle, they (Dr Brown's) believe that their's is a good bottle to use.

We are aware of the code - ALCA provided us with a newsletter article on just this topic a couple of months ago.  And we have discussed the advertising of bottles on the site with ALCA - as far as we are aware we are permitted to advertise bottles on the site providing the company concerned doesn't breach the WHO code.

We are more than happy to refuse advertising from Dr Browns if anybody can substantiate to me exactly how Dr Browns breach the WHO code.

As stated previously, as far as we are aware, we are the only mainstream parenting site in Australia that strictly monitors our advertising in this regard and will not accept advertising regarding formula or pacifiers (who will see Nestle follow-on formula and S26 ads, for example, regularly on other sites).

We are keen to clarify this matter as soon as possible and I have just got off the telephone to the ACMI.  We are working with them to work through this.

with kind regards
Hilary

Hilary Lauder
Website Manager