I have a few births at home coming up and was wondering about synto and other drugs in my kit. How do others purchase them? Do I have to have a script from a doctor? The other issue that I do find difficult is the issue of cost for homebirth.Others I have been involved in have been for friends and colleagues. Does anyone have a schedule of payment and cost that they use? I am meeting with a couple on Monday and would love to have a bit more idea. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated,

Thanks Cath

Had a client recently who I sent to her GP for a script for synt. She got the script, went to the chemist to fill it & found it was going to cost her around $80 to get it - they only sold it in the boxes of five vials. I ended up asking around my MIPP friends & managed to find some that way (dint need it anyway so its still in my fridge). If you give me your postal address Im happy to post some to you - my understanding is that its ok to keep it out of the fridge for a time.
cheers
--

Jennifairy Gillett RM

Midwife in Private Practice

Women’s Health Teaching Associate

ITShare volunteer – Santos Project Co-ordinator
ITShare SA Inc - http://itshare.org.au/
ITShare SA provides computer systems to individuals & groups, created from donated hardware and opensource software