  _____

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mary Murphy
Sent: Friday, 17 November 2006 9:43 AM
To: ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au
Subject: RE: [ozmidwifery] Cord clamping and waterbirth

I have never heard of this theory.  What about all the babies who are born
on the bed and the mother holds the baby on her chest before the cord is
clamped.  I think a lesson in anatomy and physiology is called for.  Anyone
out there who can explain it in detail?  MM

  _____

The paediatrician who has never attended a waterbirth before is saying that
she would have to clamp right away because if the woman is holding the baby
on her chest, the blood can flow back through the cord to the placenta
increasing her risk of PPH.