From: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au
Sent: Friday, 17 November, 2006 12:46:41 PM
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] Pap smears while pregnant?

Thanks Brenda and Megan.

I recently heard a (first hand) story about a girl in early pregnancy
suffering a miscarriage immediately after a PS was done.  Apparently the
instruments used were smeared with blood and she started to miscarry
immediately? Understandably, she is very upset and believes the GP may
have somehow caused it.  The GP has said it was a very unfortunate
coincidence.  Not being a midwife(yet!), I was unsure about the safety of
PS during preg., and whether it would be possible for a miscarriage to
occur as a result.

Regards,
Sam.

Yes, they are safe to do in pregnancy however if I remember correctly they