Hi all,

I know info on this topic has been posted before but I deleted it all -
silly me as I now wish to ask some questions which have probably already
been covered.

I am 34 weeks pregnant and was not going to have the STREP B test but I have
done some further research and it suggests that all women SHOULD be tested
but antibiotics used during labour for a positive result may not be the way
to go.

To all the midwife's on this forum: is it necessary for me to have this
test? Is it in my and my babies best interest to do this?

If I tested positive (which I didn't with my first child, in fact I don't
even remember having the test) is the intravenous antibiotic really
necessary? I do not want this as I plan to have a water birth and I am also
highly allergic to penicillan and other forms of backup antibiotics.

I will raise this at my midwife appointment I am due for this week I would
just like some opinions.

Kind Regards

Jassy