When I was confirming what my health insurance would cover ($2k towards a planned homebirth and a private transfer if it became necessary) I explained that my pregnancy was somewhat high risk but the birth, if I was healthy at term, should not be. They asked what my OB thought about my home birth plans and left it at that (I believe I said "She knows I am planning to birth at home if all is well" or something like that). I don't get how they could possibly dictate what is safe beyond asking what your carer/s think?