Hi Rachel,
I am so sorry that you have had that experience which I know to be endemic in the system. With the managerial heirarchy that exists - the blame game is all that is played out, with nurturing an unknown component.

WE as midwives sit at the door - of life and death - with all its amazing facets. When truly in our realm as midwives the work is enormous but very satisfying ... Unfortunately the medicalised system has separated birth into so many compartments which one by one are to be controlled, that the ability to work as true midwives is almost impossible.

Perhaps your actions may lead you to a different place where you can work in your true capacity.

Take care of you, you're a special person.

Sue

Unfortunately I can't get into the articles. I have just resigned and asked for a demotion and feel very much that the system I work in fails to nuture its midwives who are therefore less able to nurture new mothers.
Rachel