  From: Stephen & Felicity
  To: ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au
  Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2007 5:33 PM
  Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] Mum Gives Birth In Toilet - Monash Medical Centre

  Yep.  A fast, intense birth can be traumatic; but it's also a healthy, normal
event regardless.  It all sounds a bit ridiculous and comical.  Personally I'd
be thankful for the privacy and lack of intervention that birthing in a toilet
provides! The comment about "not even being offered a panadol" suggests the
Mama wanted a managed (medicated) birth and perhaps she's distressed that she
didn't get that; maybe in time it will become something she is thankful for,
instead.  A healthy undrugged baby born effectively from a healthy undrugged
woman (even if into a toilet) is a wonderful thing! :)