-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Lisa Barrett
Sent: Tuesday, 30 January 2007 4:58 PM
To: ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] Breech Ob in S.A.

I think your friend would probably be safer with an elective c/s than
attempting a breech birth in the private system. it is unlikely to be
physiological but will be medically managed which is just not safe.

If she is seriously considering a breech birth it's important that the
practitioner is confident in breech birth and physiological labour.  In
both the public and private system the care is undertaken by midwives
and the breech extracted by an Ob, this is not something I would
recommend.
Lisa Barrett