In my experience as Midwife/LC I have seen some great results from an Osteo
who practiced Cranio-Sacral Therapy (CST) on babies and children. I have
referred quite a few babies to her with great improvements in suck, overall
muscle tone and more settled babies. Only one baby did not return to
breastfeeding (was EBM fed by a very committed mother) and a few months
later was found to have a salivary gland cyst that required surgery.

This Osteo felt that CST was extremely helpful in babies with reflux due to
the involvement of the vagal nerve in reflux. I have yet to twist my brain
around the science of it, but it works. Mothers who do go are usually at the
end of the road with ideas and when it helps, they are so pleased.

I have an article written by an Aussie midwife that supports the use of CST.
When I eventually unpack the box (moved late Dec) that it is in, I'll have a
reference for it if anyone is interested.

Cath Palmer