I believe you'd have to use the SharePoint Object Model (C#/VB.NET code) to
modify the status of a workflow associated with a Page (which is basically a
List Item (SPListItem) in a SharePoint List (SPList).

I would advise against changing the List Item status column metadata directly
as this is done by the Workflow as it progresses through its states, and
therefore you really do need to trigger the workflow to make it change the
status so it stays in sync.

From: ozmoss@ozmoss.com [mailto:ozm...@ozmoss.com] On Behalf Of Zelda Leung
Sent: Friday, February 06, 2009 10:49 AM
To: ozmoss@ozmoss.com
Subject: Setting a page's Approval Status

Hi all,

My apologies if this has been asked before, but is there a way to set all the
"Approval Status" columns of all pages in a site collection to "Pending" via
stsadm or something similar?  The pages are all using the out of the box
publishing workflows if that affects the solution?

Cheers,

Zelda

Zelda Leung

Principal Developer

Legal Aid QLD |  IT Services

Ph: 3238 3626 | 44 Herschel St, Brisbane 4000

DISCLAIMER: The contents of this email (including any attachments) are
confidential and privileged and are intended only for the addressee. Any
confidentiality or privilege is not waived or lost because this email has been
sent to you by mistake. Any unauthorised use of the contents of this email is
expressly prohibited.

If you receive this email in error, please contact us, then delete the email.

Emails may be interfered with, may contain computer viruses or other defects
and may not be successfully replicated on other systems. We give no warranties
in relation to these matters. If you have any doubts about the authenticity of
an email purportedly sent by us, please contact us immediately.