Hi All,

A quick question regarding Hierarchical Taxonomies in SP 2010. I've been
exploring them via the Managed Metadata Server, and am very impressed with
their usefulness, except for one thing. In my Beta explorations, the only
way I've seen them "exposed" when viewing a list or library is via the tree
view, below the Quick Launch menu (if displayed).

The thing I don't like about this is that after a couple of clicks, the
context of the tree view appears to shift to not only be the currently open
list or library, but the entire site, which I think becomes cumbersome. Has
anyone else found alternative ways of "surfacing" these hierarchical
taxonomies to drive navigation, or alternatively a way to keep the tree view
scoped to the context of the current list or library?

Cheers,

Trevor Andrew