In a nut shell - you take a CQWP, change the XSL to render the pictures in a
list (<ul>), and then use jquery to render the list as a slideshow.
There are several jquery addons that do that. We used one called
jquery.galleryview-1.1

You can look at the html we are rendering in that page to figure it
out...otherwise, I am always available as a (highly paid) consultant... (-:

Ishai Sagi
Solution Architect and Director
Microsoft SharePoint MVP, MCTS
Extelligent Design
SharePoint Consulting, Training and Products
Mobile: 04-88-789786
Web: www.extelligentdesign.com
Email: sa...@extelligentdesign.com
Blog: www.sharepoint-tips.com