I'd add a lot of jquery to the master page with checks to find out if the
user is authenticated and with checks to the current page type and file name
and then remove those lines using script. This will remove it - but
inquisitive users will still be able to see it (view source). That leaves
the forms supported (modifying master page is 100% ok by MS).

Ishai Sagi
Solution Architect and Director
Microsoft SharePoint MVP, MCTS
Extelligent Design
SharePoint Consulting, Training and Products
Mobile: 04-88-789786
Web: www.extelligentdesign.com
Email: sa...@extelligentdesign.com
Blog: www.sharepoint-tips.com