You do not use "[Today]" inside the value element, but as its own element.

See my blogpost:

http://www.sharepoint-tips.com/2009/06/using-today-token-in-caml-query.html

From: ozmoss-boun...@ozmoss.com [mailto:ozmoss-boun...@ozmoss.com] On Behalf
Of Ajay
Sent: Monday, 16 May 2011 2:19 PM
To: ozMOSS
Subject: Fwd: SharePoint 2007 - custom view filter issue

Hi Guys,

I have to created a custom view in code which will be filtered on Date is
Equal/Greater than today's date.

This is my query
string dt = "[Today]"
string query = "<Where><Geq><FieldRef Name=\"HolidayDate\"/>" +
                "<Value Type=\"DateTime\">" + dt + "</Value></Geq></Where>";

This runs fine, and I can see the filter properly set up in the UI. But this
does not work.

It only works if I edit the view and just click Save without doing anything.

string dt = "Today" , works but then it writes the filter value as today's
date not as dynamic field.

If I create a filter which is not based on dynamic value, that it works
without problem.
The dynamic [Today],  requires me to save it again and then Moss applies the
filter

Please advise

Here is the complete code.

        StringCollection viewFields = new StringCollection();
            viewFields.Add("Title");
            viewFields.Add("Date");

            const string orderByColumn = "FileLeafRef";
            string tName = "[Today]";
//           string dateT =
Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities.SPUtility.CreateISO8601DateTimeFromSystemDate
Time(DateTime.Today.AddDays(1));

            string query = "<Where><Geq><FieldRef Name=\"Date\"/>" +
                "<Value Type=\"DateTime\">" + dateT +
"</Value></Geq></Where>";

            // here you can filter your items using the selected item in the
dropdownlist
               oViewCollection.Add(strViewName, viewFields, query, 100,
true, isDefault);

            oWeb.Update();
            oList.Update();