Lol, I don't get it why people get stuck with XP in 32b edition and all it's
limitations. It's an OS designed 14 years ago!!! 14!! And released 12 years ago.

Do any of your guys drive a car 14 years old?

Next thing you should do to yourself:
- remove source control and do manual merges: cost $2000
- replace your locks from the doors with a dodgy one that takes 15 minutes to
open: cost $500
and so on :)
Sorry, I have to be a bit sarcastic on this :)

How about:
$1600 = 9 W7 Pro Licences if you buy them in a 3 licence pack
(http://www.myshopping.com.au/PR--335070_Windows_7_Professional)
$2000 = 8Gb of memory for almost all your 7 developers
(http://www.staticice.com.au/cgi-bin/search.cgi?q=8gb+ddr2&spos=1)
$1000 = 7200rpm HDDs for all your developers
http://www.staticice.com.au/cgi-bin/search.cgi?q=7200rpm+500gb+hdd&spos=1

And you'll never see those problems again.
3 days of "lost" productivity and cost and your are done. You'll start being
productive and remove all your frustrations.

Corneliu.