Have you tried hitting the service directly in a browser?
You can do a basic check to ensure that the domain service is actually being
hosted.

If your fully qualified class name was
Myapp.RiaProject.Services.MyDomainService
then you would browse to it by just replacing the dots with - and adding
.svc
localhost:1234://Myapp-RiaProject-Services-MyDomainService.svc

-David Burela
Hazaa