Everyone,

I remember a few months ago at an SDDN meeting we were talking about options
to start an OOB App like looking at the shortcuts in the start menu or
trying to guess based on the random paths that the app might get installed
on. I found a nice option. Essentially we use the 'origin' as the key
instead of trying to find the path to the xap.

>From Tim Heuer
>blog<http://timheuer.com/blog/archive/2010/03/25/using-sllauncher-for-silent-install-silverlight-application.aspx>

 Automatically Launching the App

So what if you wanted to also automatically launch the app after installing
(i.e., the CD/DVD ‘autorun’ scenario).  You again would use sllauncher.exe
to do this for you *after you’ve installed the app*.  Using our same sample
above here would be the command:

   1: "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Silverlight\sllauncher.exe"
   2:     /emulate:"Silverface.xap"
   3:
/origin:"http://www.silverlight.net/content/samples/apps/facebookclient/ClientBin/Silverface.xap";
   4:     /overwrite

 Notice the *emulate* command.  This is the launcher.  Now you’ll notice
that this isn’t the same command-line options if you looked at an installed
applications’ created shortcuts.  Because the folder where the XAP gets
installed is pretty random, we use the origin as the hint to the
sllauncher.exe program to find the right app for us and start it up.  I’ve
found that using /overwrite will also give a more consistent behavior.

--
Miguel A. Madero Reyes
www.miguelmadero.com (blog)