Hi Steven,

 

Sorry for the late reply, I'd been pulled onto a more pressing issue for
the week, so had not had time to do any more on this until now. I had
previously tried recreating the solution, but with no luck, but today it
seems to have worked. I am currently looking through the new and old
solution file to try and get some clues, and I think I may an idea. In
the old solution file, the is a section that defines the number of
projects (SccNumberOfProjects) and this = 8 in the broken solution, and
7 in the working solutions. All project items then ending with 0 are
basically missing in the broken solution.

 

Anyway, thanks for your help, if I find out a definitive reason one
works while the other does not, I will post back here, thanks all for
all your help on head scratcher..

 

Thanks

Clint

 

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Steven Nagy
Sent: Tuesday, 2 December 2008 12:36 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [OzTFS] RE: Team Build Issue - Incorrect Build Order

 

Sorry for the delayed reply, been AFK for 5 days.

 

So its seems there is something screwy with your solution/project. 

I would try recreating the solution file (you don't have to delete the
old one).

Add the projects in order of lowest dependency. Re-add the references as
project references, but before you do, remove the existing reference to
that DLL, and then ensure it is cleaned from the bin folder (debug and
release).

Then add your project references for the first project, and try building
it. 

 Let me know.

 

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Clint Colefax
Sent: Friday, 28 November 2008 9:13 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [OzTFS] RE: Team Build Issue - Incorrect Build Order

 

OK, I've had another interesting occurrence. I did a clean through the
IDE on my local machine, and then used msbuild on the console to
compile, and I get the same issue, it fails as it does on the build
server.

 

Not sure if this helps??

 

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Clint Colefax
Sent: Friday, 28 November 2008 8:05 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [OzTFS] RE: Team Build Issue - Incorrect Build Order

 

Morning Steve,

 

OK, so I tried build on the server from a command prompt and it also
failed, while building on my local from a command prompt did work. I
checked out the office issue, and the build server does not have office
install, but does has the VSTO interop dll's installed. I would have
thought if this was the issue that building in the ide on the build
server would have also failed, but I will see if I can get office
install to see if it resolves the issue.

 

Thanks

 

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Steven Nagy
Sent: Thursday, 27 November 2008 12:44 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [OzTFS] RE: Team Build Issue - Incorrect Build Order

 

I can't see what's wrong with it, so more questions. J

 

Have you tried:

A)     Remote desktop to the build server and opening visual studio on
there and building your solution?

B)      Remote desktop to the build server and running MSBuild directly
against your solution file ?

 

Also, I noticed one of your projects mentions Excel. Do you have the
relevant office versions installed on the build server that might be
utilizing office assemblies?

 

Steve

 

 

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Clint Colefax
Sent: Thursday, 27 November 2008 8:26 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [OzTFS] RE: Team Build Issue - Incorrect Build Order

 

Attached.

 

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Ramakrishna Pothuganti
Sent: Wednesday, 26 November 2008 5:09 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [OzTFS] RE: Team Build Issue - Incorrect Build Order

 

Hi 

 

Can you please send the build log?

 

Thanks

Ram

 

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Clint Colefax
Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2008 11:08 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [OzTFS] RE: Team Build Issue - Incorrect Build Order

 

Hi Wes,

It is the same solution file, I've even done file compares on my local
solution file, compiled through the ide with that on the build server
and they are the same. The same solution file, opened on the build
server with t hide successfully builds also.

 

Thanks

 

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Wes MacDonald
Sent: Wednesday, 26 November 2008 2:46 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [OzTFS] RE: Team Build Issue - Incorrect Build Order

 

Hi,

 

Is it possible Team Build is using a different solution file to build
the project?  The build order is stored in the solution file so if it
builds on the client it should build the same way on the server.

 

Wes

 

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Clint Colefax
Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 11:33 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [OzTFS] Team Build Issue - Incorrect Build Order

 

Hi All,

 

I have a rather frustrating issue with Team Build at the moment. We have
a multi-project solution, with project to project dependencies. There
are seven projects, with one reference no other projects, and all other
projects referencing it. When you build this solution locally through
vs2008, it works fine, but when it is build through TFS with Team Build,
it build the projects in the wrong order, and fails, as the project that
is referenced by all others is not built first.

 

The solutions dependencies are set up correctly, I've even set
<BuildSolutionsInParallel>false</BuildSolutionsInParallel> in the
TFSBuild.proj file. I've also tried recreating the solution file, all
without luck so far.

 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

 

Thanks

 

 

OzTFS.com - to unsubscribe from this list, send a message back to the
list with 'unsubscribe' as the subject. View the web archives at
http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/
Powered by mailenable.com, supported by www.readify.net 

OzTFS.com - to unsubscribe from this list, send a message back to the
list with 'unsubscribe' as the subject. View the web archives at
http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/
Powered by mailenable.com, supported by www.readify.net 

OzTFS.com - to unsubscribe from this list, send a message back to the
list with 'unsubscribe' as the subject. View the web archives at
http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/
Powered by mailenable.com, supported by www.readify.net 

OzTFS.com - to unsubscribe from this list, send a message back to the
list with 'unsubscribe' as the subject. View the web archives at
http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/
Powered by mailenable.com, supported by www.readify.net 

OzTFS.com - to unsubscribe from this list, send a message back to the
list with 'unsubscribe' as the subject. View the web archives at
http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/
Powered by mailenable.com, supported by www.readify.net 

OzTFS.com - to unsubscribe from this list, send a message back to the
list with 'unsubscribe' as the subject. View the web archives at
http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/
Powered by mailenable.com, supported by www.readify.net 

OzTFS.com - to unsubscribe from this list, send a message back to the
list with 'unsubscribe' as the subject. View the web archives at
http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/
Powered by mailenable.com, supported by www.readify.net 

OzTFS.com - to unsubscribe from this list, send a message back to the
list with 'unsubscribe' as the subject. View the web archives at
http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/
Powered by mailenable.com, supported by www.readify.net 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
List address: [email protected]
Subscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unsubscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
List FAQ: http://www.codify.com/lists/oztfs
Other lists you might want to join: http://www.codify.com/lists

<<image001.jpg>>

Reply via email to