You might need to install VSTS 2008 SP1 on top of it all.

Mitch Denny | Principal Consultant | Readify Pty Ltd | M: +61 (0)414 610 141
[cid:[email protected]]<http://readify.net/about-readify/press/readify-makes-2008-mis-strategic-100-list/>

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Terence Mak
Sent: Thursday, 18 December 2008 5:57 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Silverlight problem with Team Build 2008

Hi,

I have been using TFS 2008 for only a couple of months. I am trying to build a 
Silverlight and Asp.Net app using Team Build.

The Build Agent sits on a separate Windows 2003 server. Initially when I tested 
the Build Agent using a Sample Silverlight app, the error log prompted me to 
install Silverlight2 SDK. After doing that. I was happy to see TFS Build worked 
fine. The Silverlight App actually worked!

A problem popped out recently. The overnight build failed and said it can't 
copy the .xap file to the ClientBin directory. What I did before the build 
failed was to install VS Team Suite on the same Build Agent machine, because I 
wanted to do some unit testing and code analysis at the build level.

Looking at the log file, the problem seems to relate to the generation/copy of 
the xap file. The part of the BuildLog.txt is shown as follows. I looked at 
C:\Documents and Settings, navigate to the _PublishedWebsites\ClientBin\Release 
or Debug folder, the .xap is not there. (I enabled the Configuration Specific 
Folder option). Hence it can't copy to the Drop location. However I saw the 
.xap is always at the folder just one level above the _PublishedWebsites. (I 
don't know if it is the Debug or Release version.) At least that indicates .xap 
has been built.

I checked out the Silverlight forum, apparently some people have similar 
problem. Some people sugggested manual copying the file. But I still don't know 
what exactly I have done to cause such an erratic behaviour. I wondered if it 
is related to some kind of permission settings.  I have not applied TFS2008 SP1 
yet. The Build Agent also has a problem in building a Sample Asp.Net website, 
but I may leave it as another subject. However, having said that, Team Build 
continues to work with net Console Apps, Class libs etc. So I wonder if there 
is something to relate to Silverlight2 SDK etc.

Thanks.

BuildLog.txt:

Task "Copy"

Creating directory "C:\Documents and Settings\abc71437\Local 
Settings\Temp\Test\Test Simple SL Build 
(TFS002)\Binaries\Release\_PublishedWebsites\TestSimpleSLApp.Web\ClientBin\Debug".

Copying file from "ClientBin\Debug\TestSimpleSLApp.xap" to "C:\Documents and 
Settings\abc71437\Local Settings\Temp\Test\Test Simple SL Build 
(TFS002)\Binaries\Release\_PublishedWebsites\TestSimpleSLApp.Web\ClientBin\Debug\TestSimpleSLApp.xap".

Command:

copy /y "ClientBin\Debug\TestSimpleSLApp.xap" "C:\Documents and 
Settings\abc71437\Local Settings\Temp\Test\Test Simple SL Build 
(TFS002)\Binaries\Release\_PublishedWebsites\TestSimpleSLApp.Web\ClientBin\Debug\TestSimpleSLApp.xap"

C:\Program 
Files\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v9.0\WebApplications\Microsoft.WebApplication.targets(60,3):
 error MSB3021: Unable to copy file "ClientBin\Debug\TestSimpleSLApp.xap" to 
"C:\Documents and Settings\abc71437\Local Settings\Temp\Test\Test Simple SL 
Build 
(TFS002)\Binaries\Release\_PublishedWebsites\TestSimpleSLApp.Web\ClientBin\Debug\TestSimpleSLApp.xap".
 Could not find a part of the path 'ClientBin\Debug\TestSimpleSLApp.xap'.

Done executing task "Copy" -- FAILED.

--
Terence
________________________________
List address: [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Subscribe: [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Unsubscribe: [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
List FAQ: http://www.codify.com/lists/oztfs
Other lists you might want to join: http://www.codify.com/lists
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
List address: [email protected]
Subscribe: [email protected]
Unsubscribe: [email protected]
List FAQ: http://www.codify.com/lists/oztfs
Other lists you might want to join: http://www.codify.com/lists

<<inline: image001.jpg>>

Reply via email to