It's definitely not recommended and I doubt you'd be in a supported 
configuration.

It may work....I haven't tried it...but it's the law of unintended 
consequences...

I'm sure you've considered using the TFS 2005 proxy....can you share why it's 
not suitable?

Ian Ceicys
Microsoft Global ALM Practice

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Mitch Denny
Sent: Thursday, March 05, 2009 6:58 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: TFS 08 proxy in front of 05 server

I'd say not possible. Just an educated guess :)

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Steven Nagy
Sent: Friday, 6 March 2009 10:06 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: TFS 08 proxy in front of 05 server

Hi team,

TFS 2008 Proxy in front of TFS 2005 server.
Is it possible? More importantly, is it recommended/supported/crazy?
Has anyone actually done it, and what war stories do you have?

Our client can't migrate their TFS to 2008 until June, but need a proxy now.
I thought I'd test the waters on a 08 proxy now.

Regards,

Steven Nagy
Readify | Senior Developer
M: +61 404 044 513 | E: [email protected]<sip:[email protected]> | 
B: azure.snagy.name<http://azure.snagy.name/>

Suite 408 LifeLabs Building | 198 Harbour Esplanade | Docklands | VIC 3008 | 
Australia
M: +61 419 790 178 | E: 
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]> | W: 
www.readify.net<http://www.readify.net/>
P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.

[cid:[email protected]]<http://readify.net/about-readify/press/readify-makes-2008-mis-strategic-100-list/>

________________________________
Support procedure: https://www.codify.com/lists/support
List address: [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Subscribe: [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Unsubscribe: [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
List FAQ: http://www.codify.com/lists/oztfs
Other lists you might want to join: http://www.codify.com/lists
________________________________
Support procedure: https://www.codify.com/lists/support
List address: [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Subscribe: [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Unsubscribe: [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
List FAQ: http://www.codify.com/lists/oztfs
Other lists you might want to join: http://www.codify.com/lists
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Support procedure: https://www.codify.com/lists/support
List address: [email protected]
Subscribe: [email protected]
Unsubscribe: [email protected]
List FAQ: http://www.codify.com/lists/oztfs
Other lists you might want to join: http://www.codify.com/lists

<<inline: image001.jpg>>

Reply via email to