Hi all,

I'm trying to find possible hacks in Tycho/p2 to make Tycho able to include platform-specific features in category.xml. This usually fails during target-platform resolution, so I would like to find a way to first make Tycho much more (too) permissive by forcing all dependencies to be "optional". So I landed onto the RequiredCapability class, which describes how things are resolved. However I didn't see in this class about "optional" is defined. How is the optional behavior described at this layer of p2 API?

Thanks in advance,
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer for Red Hat Developers <http://developers.redhat.com>
My blog <http://mickaelistria.wordpress.com> - My Tweets <http://twitter.com/mickaelistria>