You have to create feature patch
http://aniefer.blogspot.ca/2009/06/patching-features-with-p2.html

On Tue, Mar 6, 2018 at 1:46 PM, Kapil Thombare <tka...@cadence.com> wrote:
> When I investigated a bit more I got the reason for this.
>
> My feature includes the plugin com.xyz.mytest.foo 8.0.0.1000 . Now when p2
> finds com.xyz.mytest.foo 8.0.0.2000 it says that the feature requires 1000
> and hence there is a dependency issue and hence the IU 2000 cannot be
> installed. Is there a way where the feature would not say 1000 is mandatory
> and allow installation of 2000?
>
>
>
> Brian: Yes my bundles are singleton.
>
>
>
> Cheers
>
> -Kapil
>
>
>
> From: p2-dev-boun...@eclipse.org [mailto:p2-dev-boun...@eclipse.org] On
> Behalf Of Brian de Alwis
> Sent: Tuesday, March 6, 2018 6:16 AM
> To: P2 developer discussions <p2-dev@eclipse.org>
> Subject: Re: [p2-dev] Dropins does not seem to work.
>
>
>
> EXTERNAL MAIL
>
> You haven't provided any real detail to help in diagnosing the situation.
> Try using the 'diag' command from the OSGi console.  My guess is that your
> bundles are singleton bundles, and the .1000 has already been activated.
>
>
>
> Brian.
>
>
>
> On 5-Mar-2018, at 2:19 PM, Kapil Thombare <tka...@cadence.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> Hi,
>
> In my product I have a plugin com.xyz.mytest.foo 8.0.0.1000 sitting under
> plugins under eclipse home.
>
> I have a requirement where-in I need to update some code in this plugin and
> provide it to users currently using the product. Dropins seems to be a
> perfect solution to this problem.
>
>
>
> So I put the updated version of this plugin in the dropins directory and
> simply updated its manifest bundle version to 8.0.0.2000 . And started with
> -clean. The plugin does not seems to get picked up (when I see the installed
> plugins in the configuration it shows me the older one itslelf).
>
>
>
> I tried debugging using the .options file and  I see the following message
> in the logs. [plan] Some units will not be installed, because they are
> already installed or there are dependency issues:
>
>
>
>
>
> Structure
>
> /eclipse
>
>                /dropins
>
>                               /com.xyz.mytest.foo _8.0.0.2000
>
>                                              /bin
>
>                                              /META_INF
>
>                                              /…
>
>
>
> Please could you help me.
>
>
>
> Following are the detailed logs…
>
>
>
> [p2] Thu Mar 01 14:37:28 PST 2018 - [Start Level: Equinox Container:
> 0088511e-a11d-0018-1020-f3a5fa30c114] [reconciler] Cached timestamp file
> empty.
>
> [p2] Thu Mar 01 14:37:28 PST 2018 - [Start Level: Equinox Container:
> 0088511e-a11d-0018-1020-f3a5fa30c114] [reconciler] Performing
> reconciliation.
>
> [p2] Thu Mar 01 14:37:28 PST 2018 - [Start Level: Equinox Container:
> 0088511e-a11d-0018-1020-f3a5fa30c114] [reconciler] [dropins] Interesting
> feature or bundle added:
> C:\Work\Jenkins_Bundles\25thFeb_3\Product\eclipse\dropins\
> com.xyz.mytest.foo _8.0.0.2000
>
> [p2] Thu Mar 01 14:37:29 PST 2018 - [Start Level: Equinox Container:
> 0088511e-a11d-0018-1020-f3a5fa30c114] [reconciler] Timestamp file does not
> exist.
>
> [p2] Thu Mar 01 14:37:29 PST 2018 - [Start Level: Equinox Container:
> 0088511e-a11d-0018-1020-f3a5fa30c114] [reconciler] Performing
> reconciliation.
>
> [p2] Thu Mar 01 14:37:29 PST 2018 - [Start Level: Equinox Container:
> 0088511e-a11d-0018-1020-f3a5fa30c114] [reconciler] Profile timestamp not
> found in cache.
>
> [p2] Thu Mar 01 14:37:29 PST 2018 - [Start Level: Equinox Container:
> 0088511e-a11d-0018-1020-f3a5fa30c114] [reconciler] Performing
> reconciliation.
>
> [p2] Thu Mar 01 14:37:29 PST 2018 - [Start Level: Equinox Container:
> 0088511e-a11d-0018-1020-f3a5fa30c114] [reconciler] Adding IU:
> com.xyz.mytest.foo 8.0.0.2000
>
> [p2] Thu Mar 01 14:37:29 PST 2018 - [Start Level: Equinox Container:
> 0088511e-a11d-0018-1020-f3a5fa30c114] [reconciler] Adding IU property:
> com.xyz.mytest.foo 8.0.0.2000->{org.eclipse.equinox.p2.type.lock=1,
> org.eclipse.equinox.p2.internal.inclusion.rules=OPTIONAL,
> org.eclipse.equinox.p2.reconciler.dropins=true}
>
> [p2] Thu Mar 01 14:37:29 PST 2018 - [Start Level: Equinox Container:
> 0088511e-a11d-0018-1020-f3a5fa30c114] [reconciler] No installable units to
> remove.
>
> [p2] Thu Mar 01 14:37:29 PST 2018 - [Start Level: Equinox Container:
> 0088511e-a11d-0018-1020-f3a5fa30c114] [reconciler] No IU properties to
> remove.
>
> [p2] Thu Mar 01 14:37:29 PST 2018 - [Start Level: Equinox Container:
> 0088511e-a11d-0018-1020-f3a5fa30c114] [reconciler] No installable units to
> move.
>
> [p2] Thu Mar 01 14:37:29 PST 2018 - [Start Level: Equinox Container:
> 0088511e-a11d-0018-1020-f3a5fa30c114] [reconciler] No extra requirements.
>
> [p2] Thu Mar 01 14:37:29 PST 2018 - [Start Level: Equinox Container:
> 0088511e-a11d-0018-1020-f3a5fa30c114] [reconciler] [plan] Some units will
> not be installed, because they are already installed or there are dependency
> issues:
>
> [p2] Thu Mar 01 14:37:29 PST 2018 - [Start Level: Equinox Container:
> 0088511e-a11d-0018-1020-f3a5fa30c114] [reconciler] [plan] com.xyz.mytest.foo
> 8.0.0.2000
>
> [p2] Thu Mar 01 14:37:29 PST 2018 - [Start Level: Equinox Container:
> 0088511e-a11d-0018-1020-f3a5fa30c114] [reconciler] Writing timestamp file to
> :
> C:\Work\Jenkins_Bundles\25thFeb_3\Product\eclipse\configuration\org.eclipse.osgi\187\data\timestamps1438412847
>
> [p2] Thu Mar 01 14:37:29 PST 2018 - [Start Level: Equinox Container:
> 0088511e-a11d-0018-1020-f3a5fa30c114] [reconciler] PROFILE=1519870108017
>
> [p2] Thu Mar 01 14:37:29 PST 2018 - [Start Level: Equinox Container:
> 0088511e-a11d-0018-1020-f3a5fa30c114] [reconciler]
> file:/C:/Work/Jenkins_Bundles/25thFeb_3/Product/eclipse/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/187/data/listener_1925729951/=1519943848972
>
> [p2] Thu Mar 01 14:37:29 PST 2018 - [Start Level: Equinox Container:
> 0088511e-a11d-0018-1020-f3a5fa30c114] [reconciler]
> file:/C:/Work/Jenkins_Bundles/25thFeb_3/Product/eclipse/.eclipseextension=1519943848998
>
> [p2] Thu Mar 01 14:37:29 PST 2018 - [Start Level: Equinox Container:
> 0088511e-a11d-0018-1020-f3a5fa30c114] [reconciler] Writing out timestamps to
> file :
> C:\Work\Jenkins_Bundles\25thFeb_3\Product\eclipse\configuration\org.eclipse.osgi\187\data\cache.timestamps
>
> [p2] Thu Mar 01 14:37:29 PST 2018 - [Start Level: Equinox Container:
> 0088511e-a11d-0018-1020-f3a5fa30c114] [reconciler]
> C:\Work\Jenkins_Bundles\25thFeb_3\Product\eclipse\dropins\com.xyz.mytest.foo
> _8.0.0.2000=1519943275736
>
> [p2] Thu Mar 01 14:37:29 PST 2018 - [Start Level: Equinox Container:
> 0088511e-a11d-0018-1020-f3a5fa30c114] [reconciler]
> C:\Work\Jenkins_Bundles\25thFeb_3\Product\eclipse\links=0
>
> [p2] Thu Mar 01 14:37:29 PST 2018 - [Start Level: Equinox Container:
> 0088511e-a11d-0018-1020-f3a5fa30c114] [reconciler]
> C:\Work\Jenkins_Bundles\25thFeb_3\Product\eclipse\dropins=1519943297966
>
> [p2] Thu Mar 01 14:37:29 PST 2018 - [Start Level: Equinox Container:
> 0088511e-a11d-0018-1020-f3a5fa30c114] [reconciler]
> C:\Work\Jenkins_Bundles\25thFeb_3\Product\eclipse\configuration\org.eclipse.update\platform.xml=1519943848734
>
> [p2] Thu Mar 01 14:37:29 PST 2018 - [Start Level: Equinox Container:
> 0088511e-a11d-0018-1020-f3a5fa30c114] [reconciler]
> C:\Work\Jenkins_Bundles\25thFeb_3\Product\eclipse\plugins=1519867726306
>
> [p2] Thu Mar 01 14:37:29 PST 2018 - [Start Level: Equinox Container:
> 0088511e-a11d-0018-1020-f3a5fa30c114] [reconciler]
> C:\Work\Jenkins_Bundles\25thFeb_3\Product\eclipse\features=1519867634387
>
>
>
> Cheers
>
> -Kapil
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> p2-dev mailing list
> p2-dev@eclipse.org
> To change your delivery options, retrieve your password, or unsubscribe from
> this list, visit
> https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/p2-dev
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> p2-dev mailing list
> p2-dev@eclipse.org
> To change your delivery options, retrieve your password, or unsubscribe from
> this list, visit
> https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/p2-dev
_______________________________________________
p2-dev mailing list
p2-dev@eclipse.org
To change your delivery options, retrieve your password, or unsubscribe from 
this list, visit
https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/p2-dev

Reply via email to