I tried mailpile at the beginning of the year and it was very difficult
to setup. Basically AFAIK its not ready for the non technical user.

I'm quite happy with RiseUp.

Though its quite difficult making a transition from Google services.

Kevin

Guy Staniforth:
> Yes I think Mailpile looks the best so far, because it's not a service with
> centralised servers which can be targeted, but an email client which does
> its encryption client-side (as I understand it).
> 
> Guy
> 
> 
> On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 5:09 AM, Layne Hartsell <
> [email protected]> wrote:
> 
>> great! thanks Josef
>> can anyone else confirm mailpile?
>> maybe that is the one to go with for privacy
>>
>> MLH
>>
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 9:10 AM, Josef Davies-Coates <
>> [email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm more interested in https://www.mailpile.is/
>>>
>>> One of the founders, whom I know, respect and trust, writes of protonmail
>>> "I therefore hereby assume that ProtonMail, Virtru and other comparative
>>> “secure e-mail services” are thoroughly backdoored by the NSA already."
>>> http://smarimccarthy.is/blog/2014/05/27/big-silos-small-privacy/
>>>
>>>
>>> On 22 July 2014 02:23, Layne Hartsell <[email protected]>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Dear Team,
>>>>
>>>> Scientists at MIT and CERN have developed an encrypted email service and
>>>> it will be out soon. Here is the website. (another service is Riseup, but
>>>> it is somewhat tedious to use since the look and feel is older code and
>>>> bells/whistles)
>>>>
>>>> Proton Mail
>>>> https://protonmail.ch/
>>>>
>>>> Layne
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 3:25 AM, Kevin Flanagan <[email protected]
>>>>> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> You can download a nicely formatted *.ODT or *.PDF here -
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> http://p2pfoundation.net/Commons_Transition_Plan#Transition_Text_in_Different_File_Formats
>>>>>
>>>>> Michel Bauwens:
>>>>>> Our p2p-f associate Kevin Flanagan, has produced word, odt, and pdf
>>>>>> versions of the Flok Transition proposal that is also available at
>>>>>> http://en.wiki.floksociety.org/w/Research_Plan
>>>>>>
>>>>>> If you want a copy of these edited versions, feel free to request one,
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Michel Bauwens
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Josef Davies-Coates
>>> 07974 88 88 95
>>>
>>> *United Diversity*
>>> http://uniteddiversity.coop
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> *Together We Have Everything*Follow us on Twitter
>>> <http://twitter.com/uniteddiversity> and Facebook
>>> <http://facebook.com/uniteddiversity>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
> 

_______________________________________________
P2P Foundation - Mailing list
http://www.p2pfoundation.net
https://lists.ourproject.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/p2p-foundation

Reply via email to