Hey there, I just wanted to quickly highlight a piece that FirstRound just
wrote up about our Bedrock distributed database technology, and how
something as seemingly remote as your database choice can constrain your
business model flexibility over time:

http://firstround.com/review/your-database-is-your-prison-heres-how-expensify-broke-free/

But additionally, I'm happy to say that the promised open-sourcing of the
technology itself has just occurred!

http://bedrockdb.com

If you're at FinDEVr today in Santa Clara, please drop by my session at 3pm
to see it demo'd live.  (It's unclear how you demo a database on stage, but
luckily I have 2 hours to figure it out...)

Either way, I hope you'll take a look and give it a shot.  Together let's
make partitioned, single-datacenter deployments a thing of the past!

-david
Founder and CEO of Expensify