https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=2529728

Cristian Le <[email protected]> changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Flags|needinfo?([email protected]) |



--- Comment #11 from Cristian Le <[email protected]> ---
> Relying on preprocessed source goes against the spirit of open source, which 
> is that the original sources - the org-mode files - are modifiable.

Do I have to point out the hypocrisy in that statement with your
libxc:src/maple2c? I am aware of the need to reproduce the generated code in
the build, and I flagged upstream about it. But that is not the point that I am
making about `build_trexio.sh` here. The build of a specific commit is not
supported by upstream, and the only way around it is through `TREXIO_DEVEL`
which is not being used here. How on earth you managed to get it to build I
don't know, and I don't want the responsibility to figure that out.

> Comments that can be interpreted as RTFM are not very constructive either and 
> can be construed rude. I also note that your comment still does not say 
> anything about the issue. I would like to underline that the versioning is a 
> placeholder for the review procedure; I have no intention of importing the 
> package before the final v3.0.0 release is minted.

So is this up for review or not? If it is, then follow the versioning
guidelines. As for "being rude", do I have to point to the instances when your
replies are basically just that as well? If you do not like that, well be more
constructive in your replies as well.

And to spell out the issue, the snapshot details should be in Version, not
Release. And yes it does matter and there are ways it can break. The should is
not just a decoration here.

> Any discussion on any issues in the trexio build system should not happen 
> here, but instead be directed at the upstream trexio github where the main 
> developers of the library can participate in the discussion.

Well are you going to be the main maintainer? In which case you also have a
responsibility to open and forward these issues, acting as the future Fedora
maintainer for this package.

Again the python packaging issue, is not a decoration, it is an issue that
needs to be resolved in order for this review. As it stands, `python3-trexio`
is not in a packageable form.


-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are always notified about changes to this product and component
You are on the CC list for the bug.
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=2529728

Report this comment as SPAM: 
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=Bugzilla&format=report-spam&short_desc=Report%20of%20Bug%202529728%23c11

-- 
_______________________________________________
package-review mailing list -- [email protected]
To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]
Fedora Code of Conduct: 
https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/project/code-of-conduct/
List Guidelines: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
List Archives: 
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/[email protected]
Do not reply to spam, report it: 
https://forge.fedoraproject.org/infra/tickets/issues/new

Reply via email to