On 01/11/2018 02:01 AM, Kaushal M wrote:
>>   - (thought/concern) Jenkins smoke job (or other jobs) that builds RPMs
>> will not build GD2 (as the source is not available) and will continue as
>> is (which means there is enough spec file magic here that we can specify
>> during release packaging to additionally build GD2)
> The glusterfs spec file can be updated to include building GD2 from
> its release tarball. I don't remember exactly but, rpmbuild might have
> ways to automatically download sources/dependencies. We can check if
> this is true.

So, I do not know if this is a real problem (yet!). But I do hope I have
conveyed my concern/problem right, hence restating below.

The in (glusterfs) tree spec file if modified to build GD2 in addition
by default, will fail to do so (or need changes) in the smoke jobs that
we have, and this may need addressing.

Kaushal, based on your thoughts, I assume the in tree spec file is
changed to point to a specific release tarball (always) and remaining
rpmbuild voodoo will make this happen.

The question/concern though is that we need this updated for every
release (minor or major) IMO. But, worth a start.

My thought/suggestion is to write the spec in such a fashion (if at all
possible) that makes it optional to build with GD2, hence can be used
for packaging, but avoided in the smoke.

Shyam