yah.. What I finally ended up doing was writing a script to winrm the files
from the new VM and calling that from the local-shell provisioner.
 Unfortunately I was not able to find a way to pass the vagrant NAT port to
the local-shell provisioner so I had hardcode the port
(setting ssh_host_port_min and ssh_host_port_max to the value, so I am no
longer able to build more then one host at a time using the same template,
but I can live with that

On Friday, September 9, 2016 at 5:51:44 AM UTC-4, Malte Witt wrote:

> I am facing the exact same issue right now trying to download a file,
> using WinRM communicator.
>
> I had no luck using local shell provisioner on windows in the past, so if
> you figure out a way to work around this issue, please share your solution
> here :-)
>
> Thanks,
> Malte

"Packer" group.