Hello everybody,

I have some problems with the creation of my image on OpenStack.
I am creating an image as follows:

   - it is based on a CoreOS image
   - it contains a Docker image to be launched on startup

Notice that the Docker image contains 100MB of genomic data, plus some
software.
See the attached files for the configuration.

The creation of the OpenStack instance works, the server is correctly
turned on, configured, shut down, and the image correctly created (I can
see them from Horizon). But then, OpenStack starts saving the image (you
can see a "Saving..." icon aside the image), it remains stuck for a while,
and them Packer throws an error:

==> openstack: Waiting for image my_os_image (image id:
33eb18c2-ba82-41e2-acd8-0062ac6c9720) to become ready...

==> openstack: Error waiting for image: Expected HTTP response code [200]
when accessing [GET
http://192.168.100.3:8774/v2.1/images/33eb18c2-ba82-41e2-acd8-0062ac6c9720],
but got 404 instead

==> openstack: {"itemNotFound": {"message": "Image not found.", "code":
404}}

==> openstack: Deleted temporary floating IP 192.168.100.165

==> openstack: Terminating the source server:
54747845-3731-4fb1-abc9-aa9b7ced2154 ...

Build 'openstack' errored: Error waiting for image: Expected HTTP response
code [200] when accessing [GET
http://192.168.100.3:8774/v2.1/images/33eb18c2-ba82-41e2-acd8-0062ac6c9720],
but got 404 instead

{"itemNotFound": {"message": "Image not found.", "code": 404}}

==> Some builds didn't complete successfully and had errors:

--> openstack: Error waiting for image: Expected HTTP response code [200]
when accessing [GET
http://192.168.100.3:8774/v2.1/images/33eb18c2-ba82-41e2-acd8-0062ac6c9720],
but got 404 instead

{"itemNotFound": {"message": "Image not found.", "code": 404}}

Is there something I am missing? I have tried the same Packer configuration
file with another (more light-weighted) project, and it works pretty well.
Is there some timeout or something that is preventing Packer to store the
image?

Notice that the issue has been raised a while ago, but it did not find any
fix:
https://github.com/mitchellh/packer/issues/1415#issuecomment-165739549

Thanks.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/packer-tool/133c1c50-df2a-4002-afd1-bf9ffe5f65d1%40googlegroups.com.