Couple updates...

1) Removing the 3 ssh parameters seemed to fix the issue. They were:

      "ssh_disable_agent": true,
      "ssh_host": "localhost",
      "ssh_port": "2022",

2) The shell script section cannot execute scripts in bash, despite the
#!/bin/bash header. I've implemented a work-around to make this
shell-friendly.
3) The VirtualBox job exports as an ovf, I need this to be a single file
ova export. Will open separate ticket.

Thanks for the assist!

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/packer-tool/582aea94-663d-4650-9e13-329b7bf6f9b8%40googlegroups.com.