It is Centos 6.6,

It is getting the IP , Actually I see the Ip on the VMWARE welcome screen
and can connect to it as well.
Whether that ip is returned back to packer or no  I am not aware of it.

This What I have done,  In VMWARE workstation I opened the Instances and
went to console on the VMWARE login screen it has the IP ,I can login to
that IP.

Thanks,
Siva

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/packer-tool/b4bca9fc-5a10-413d-9454-961e40ede9bf%40googlegroups.com.