Hi Alvaro,

I started the VMX manually and checked the same the IP is on eth0 interface
and it does not have the persistent rules file.(note that I have changed
the IP)

[root@localhost ~]# ifconfig

eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:0D:26:49:17:EC

          inet addr:1.1.1.1  Bcast:10.10.3.255  Mask:255.255.252.0

          inet6 addr: fe80::20c:29ff:fe49:97dc/64 Scope:Link

          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000

          RX bytes:173576 (169.5 KiB)  TX bytes:14317 (13.9 KiB)

lo        Link encap:Local Loopback

          inet addr:127.0.0.1  Mask:255.0.0.0

          inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host

          UP LOOPBACK RUNNING  MTU:65536  Metric:1

          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0

          RX bytes:23888 (23.3 KiB)  TX bytes:23888 (23.3 KiB)

[root@localhost ~]# ls -arlth /etc/udev/rules.d/

total 20K

-rw-r--r--. 1 root root  316 May 10 22:58 60-raw.rules

-rw-r--r--. 1 root root  304 May 10 23:55 98-kexec.rules

drwxr-xr-x. 2 root root 4.0K Jun 23 15:47 .

drwxr-xr-x. 4 root root 4.0K Jun 23 19:39 ..

-rw-r--r--  1 root root  341 Jun 23 19:47 99-vmware-scsi-udev.rules

[root@localhost ~]# ls  /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg*

/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-lo

[root@localhost ~]#

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/packer-tool/5ccd16f0-48e9-4cca-8307-b59dad827282%40googlegroups.com.