Ok that got me nearly there.

If I cd to my packer directory

    cd
e:\documents\Petrik\documents\software\go\src\github.com\mitchellh\packer

and then call the following command line

    docker run -v %cd%:/go/src/github.com/mitchellh/packer -w
/go/src/github.com/mitchellh/packer golang:1.8 bash -c "GOPATH=/go
XC_ARCH=amd64 XC_OS=windows make dev"

Then it compiles and I get

go get github.com/mitchellh/gox
go get golang.org/x/tools/cmd/stringer
go get github.com/kardianos/govendor
govendor sync
==> Removing old directory...
==> Building...
Number of parallel builds: 1

-->   windows/amd64: github.com/mitchellh/packer
==> Copying binaries for this platform...
find: `./pkg/linux_amd64': No such file or directory

==> Results:
total 0

Which I think means it failed to copy the binary in the end? There's
nothing in the $GOPATH/bin folder and nothing in the packer/bin folder
either

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/packer-tool/f1aa8ede-c4b0-447a-8df1-cd75a330a90d%40googlegroups.com.