Here are some examples from a community member:
https://github.com/taliesins/packer-baseboxes

set http address variables:
https://github.com/taliesins/packer-baseboxes/blob/d292a86d282a863edae74e4ddb2fd798e1f22d75/windows/update-variables.ps1
download from the http directory:
https://github.com/taliesins/packer-baseboxes/blob/227c1c49ba9be8a718f4c6cc99dddfa5e341f47e/windows/common/install-vmware-tools.ps1

hope that helps

On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 4:19 PM James Elmes <jamesrossel...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was really hoping for a working example in a template.. if anyone has
> one that would be great
>
>
> On Tuesday, 8 August 2017 14:47:28 UTC+10, Rickard von Essen wrote:
>
>> I don't know anything about powershell but you should be able to run the
>> powershell provisioner and use something similar to curl and download
>> curl http://$PACKER_HTTP_ADDR/<source-file> > <dest-file>
>>
>> See
>> https://www.packer.io/docs/provisioners/powershell.html#default-environmental-variables
>>
> On 8 August 2017 at 04:22, James Elmes <jamesro...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
> Hi I am a little confused about the http_directory option when building
>>> with vmware-iso and windows
>>>
>>> I want to transfer some large files to my VM during the build process,
>>> preferably provisioner step but need a better option the slow file copy
>>> option over WINRM (not using SSH)
>>>
>>> does anyone know how i actually get large files onto the VM using the
>>> http_directory option? i can only see examples using this via boot command
>>> for linux builds..
>>>
>>> thanks
>>>
>>> James
>>>
>> --
>>> This mailing list is governed under the HashiCorp Community Guidelines -
>>> https://www.hashicorp.com/community-guidelines.html. Behavior in
>>> violation of those guidelines may result in your removal from this mailing
>>> list.
>>>
>>> GitHub Issues: https://github.com/mitchellh/packer/issues
>>> IRC: #packer-tool on Freenode
>>> ---
>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>>> Groups "Packer" group.
>>>
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
>>> email to packer-tool...@googlegroups.com.
>>
>>
>>> To view this discussion on the web visit
>>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/packer-tool/163de1bc-de08-4485-8a0c-ad68dd3db021%40googlegroups.com
>>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/packer-tool/163de1bc-de08-4485-8a0c-ad68dd3db021%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>>> .
>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>>>
>> --
> This mailing list is governed under the HashiCorp Community Guidelines -
> https://www.hashicorp.com/community-guidelines.html. Behavior in
> violation of those guidelines may result in your removal from this mailing
> list.
>
> GitHub Issues: https://github.com/mitchellh/packer/issues
> IRC: #packer-tool on Freenode
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Packer" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to packer-tool+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
> To view this discussion on the web visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/packer-tool/cf33b48a-a092-436a-b4f5-7b3e52459860%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/packer-tool/cf33b48a-a092-436a-b4f5-7b3e52459860%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>

-- 
This mailing list is governed under the HashiCorp Community Guidelines - 
https://www.hashicorp.com/community-guidelines.html. Behavior in violation of 
those guidelines may result in your removal from this mailing list.

GitHub Issues: https://github.com/mitchellh/packer/issues
IRC: #packer-tool on Freenode
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Packer" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to packer-tool+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/packer-tool/CAEpfdnzCe2DfKSYng0L7snvnTSv065ttJOitQCaQAXyYqyJEwA%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to