Here is the verbose
log https://gist.github.com/AndrewSav/670622133d5b24e00b6d85308254fd34

I used this https://nssm.cc/ to create a windows service that points to a
command file that starts packer (with the same command line that works
interactively, and also as runas). The logs produced are at the link above.

Any insight how to make that work will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Andrew

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/packer-tool/17e86fd0-f110-4447-9a2a-20735ee72c85%40googlegroups.com.