Hi all,

Today we're proud to announce the release of Packer 1.2.0. This is a fairly
substantial release, and I encourage you to read the changelog
<https://github.com/hashicorp/packer/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md#120-february-9-2018>
.

Some of the highlights include three new builders, some changes which
affect backwards-compatibility, and numerous bug fixes and improvements.

The new builders are:

* Naver Cloud Platform <https://www.packer.io/docs/builders/ncloud.html>
* OCI Classic Compute
<https://www.packer.io/docs/builders/oracle-classic.html>
* Scaleway <https://www.packer.io/docs/builders/scaleway.html>

The backwards-compatibility changes are minor but important.

* The Amazon builder's `ssh_private_ip` option has been replaced with
`"ssh_interface": "private"`. There is a fixer for this.
* Certain malformed `file` provisioners may break. We've made the
provisioner more consistent across platforms, so it's advised to double
check that your usage is correct.
* OpenStack extension support has been dropped. To use OpenStack builder
with the OpenStack Newton (Oct 2016) or earlier, we recommend you use
Packer v1.1.2 or earlier version.
* The plugin API has changed slightly. Existing plugins will continue to
work, but to recompile against this version of Packer, you should see
what's necessary here <https://github.com/hashicorp/packer/pull/5810>.

Links:
Changelog -
https://github.com/hashicorp/packer/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md#120-february-9-2018