I would like to be able to automate AMI's of our daily build using the same
technique as in the
page: http://work.haufegroup.io/automate-ami-with-packer/. Essentially, use
VMware to create a VM from a kickstart file but the format must be ova and
then use post-processing to have packer move the VM to AWS as an AMI.

In my current build process I create the VMware VM and use the ovftool to
add eula and vappsettings and convert to an ova using the following:

    # Convert the ESX vmx file to an ovf file so the Product, Version,
Vendor, etc can be added
    ovftool -tt=ovf
--eula@=/opt/IBM/cmdBuild/workspace/enms/ranger_license.txt
$VMDIR/$VMDIR.vmx $VMDIR/$VMDIR_ovf
    if [ $? -ne 0 ]; then
        echo "VM build failed: Failed to convert the $VMDIR vmx to an ovf
file"
        success=FALSE
        break
    fi

    # Insert the vAppSettings.txt file into the ovf file just created
    sed -n -i -e '/  <\/VirtualSystem>/r
/opt/IBM/cmdBuild/workspace/ranger/nightly_builds/vAppSettings.txt' -e 1x
-e '2,${x;p}' -e '${x;p}' $VMDIR/$VMDIR_ovf/$VMDIR/$VMDIR.ovf

    # Convert the ovf file just created to an ova file after adding in the
Product, Version, Vendor, etc. info
    ovftool -tt=ova --skipManifestCheck $VMDIR/$VMDIR_ovf/$VMDIR/$VMDIR.ovf
$VMDIR/
    if [ $? -ne 0 ]; then
        echo "VM build failed: Failed to convert the $VMDIR vmx to an ova
file"
        success=FALSE
        break
    fi

However, I would like to be able to add eula and vAppSettings to the VMware
VM but I cannot find how to do it with packer. Therefore, my question is,
is it possible to add an eula and vAppSettings using packer?

More generally, is it possible to add command line options to packer for
when it calls ovftool. Right now if I specify "format": "ova" in my json
file, packer calls of ovf tool as follows:

vmware-iso: Executing: ovftool --noSSLVerify=true --skipManifestCheck
-tt=ova vi://root:****@emtesx/ZoneRanger ZoneRanger

But can I add or control what command line options are used with ovftool?

Thank you.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/packer-tool/2f1009ba-20b8-4521-9f0e-7424c278830d%40googlegroups.com.