Hi,

The below method you suggested works perfect for me :

"execute_command": "{{.Vars}} var1={{user `arg1`}} var2={{user `arg2`}} sudo
-E -S bash '{{.Path}' "

But when the var1=test-packer-prov or var1=test.packer.prov then it fails
with the "command not found" error.
 Where as if var1=test_packer_prov it works perfectly.

What I tried to add the escape \ with - the JSON parsing fails.

I am trying to use inline/file provision upload method(
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/packer-tool/G2TKbBQOGcQ)

Regards
Pradeep

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/packer-tool/c865ba1f-be15-41f2-b3ab-b0e340a9ad33%40googlegroups.com.