No I can not find netmap.conf file, am I missing any package ? 

On Friday, 9 March 2018 09:37:27 UTC-6, Rickard von Essen wrote:
>
> And the file? 
>
> On Mar 9, 2018 15:43, "talha jilal" <talha...@gmail.com <javascript:>> 
> wrote:
>
>> Centos 7.
>>
>> On Friday, 9 March 2018 01:47:45 UTC-5, Rickard von Essen wrote:
>>>
>>> Can you search your VMware installation for the file netmap.conf? where 
>>> is it located? Which OS are you running?
>>>
>>> On 9 March 2018 at 04:35, talha jilal <talha...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>> another issue with same packer , 
>>>>
>>>> :( any clue ? 
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> vmware-iso output will be in this color.
>>>>
>>>> ==> vmware-iso: Downloading or copying ISO
>>>>     vmware-iso: Downloading or copying: 
>>>> file:///usr/src/packer-vagrant/CentOS-7-x86_64-Minimal-1708.iso
>>>> ==> vmware-iso: Creating virtual machine disk
>>>> ==> vmware-iso: Building and writing VMX file
>>>> ==> vmware-iso: Could not find netmap conf file: /etc/vmware/netmap.conf
>>>> ==> vmware-iso: Deleting output directory...
>>>> Build 'vmware-iso' errored: Could not find netmap conf file: 
>>>> /etc/vmware/netmap.conf
>>>>
>>>> ==> Some builds didn't complete successfully and had errors:
>>>> --> vmware-iso: Could not find netmap conf file: /etc/vmware/netmap.conf
>>>>
>>>> ==> Builds finished but no artifacts were created.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On Thursday, 8 March 2018 17:10:52 UTC-5, talha jilal wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>> Hey Thanks this works for me. 
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> On Thursday, 8 March 2018 01:53:30 UTC-5, Rickard von Essen wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Ensure that tools_upload_flavor is empty, see 
>>>>>> https://www.packer.io/docs/builders/vmware-iso.html#tools_upload_flavor
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On Mar 8, 2018 07:26, "talha jilal" <talha...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Hello Friends , 
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> I currently trying to setup another envirnoment on Centos 7.  My 
>>>>>>> idea is to create a Esxi template by using redhat or centos 7 VM in 
>>>>>>> vcenter and reproduce templates. 
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> 1- Centos 7 VM. 
>>>>>>> 2- Packer ( 
>>>>>>> packer  -v
>>>>>>> 1.2.1
>>>>>>> 3-  VMware packages installed , 
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> VMware-VIX-1.15.0-2985596.x86_64.bundle
>>>>>>> VMware-ovftool-4.1.0-2459827-lin.x86_64.bundle
>>>>>>> VMware-vSphere-CLI-5.0.0-615831.x86_64.tar.gz
>>>>>>> VMware-Player-7.1.2-2780323.x86_64.bundle
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> 4- I am having the following error , please also find my json file 
>>>>>>> at the bottom. 
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> packer  build esxi-template.json
>>>>>>> vmware-iso output will be in this color.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Build 'vmware-iso' errored: Couldn't find VMware tools for 'linux'! 
>>>>>>> VMware often downloads these
>>>>>>> tools on-demand. However, to do this, you need to create a fake VM
>>>>>>> of the proper type then click the 'install tools' option in the
>>>>>>> VMware GUI.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> ==> Some builds didn't complete successfully and had errors:
>>>>>>> --> vmware-iso: Couldn't find VMware tools for 'linux'! VMware often 
>>>>>>> downloads these
>>>>>>> tools on-demand. However, to do this, you need to create a fake VM
>>>>>>> of the proper type then click the 'install tools' option in the
>>>>>>> VMware GUI.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> ==> Builds finished but no artifacts were created.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> ################################## JSON FILE  
>>>>>>>  cat  esxi-template.json ##################
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> {
>>>>>>>   "provisioners": [
>>>>>>>     {
>>>>>>>       "type": "shell",
>>>>>>>       "execute_command": "echo 'vagrant' | {{.Vars}} sudo -S -E bash 
>>>>>>> '{{.Path}}'",
>>>>>>>       "script": "scripts/ansible.sh"
>>>>>>>     }
>>>>>>>   ],
>>>>>>>   "builders": [
>>>>>>>     {
>>>>>>>       "type": "vmware-iso",
>>>>>>>       "boot_command": [
>>>>>>>         "<tab> text ks=http://{{ .HTTPIP }}:{{ .HTTPPort 
>>>>>>> }}/ks.cfg<enter><wait>"
>>>>>>>       ],
>>>>>>>       "boot_wait": "10s",
>>>>>>>       "disk_size": 81920,
>>>>>>>       "guest_os_type": "centos-64",
>>>>>>>       "headless": true,
>>>>>>>       "http_directory": "http",
>>>>>>>       "iso_urls": [
>>>>>>>         "CentOS-7-x86_64-Minimal-1708.iso",
>>>>>>>         "CentOS-7-x86_64-Minimal-1708.iso"
>>>>>>>       ],
>>>>>>>       "iso_checksum_type": "sha256",
>>>>>>>       "iso_checksum": 
>>>>>>> "bba314624956961a2ea31dd460cd860a77911c1e0a56e4820a12b9c5dad363f5",
>>>>>>>       "ssh_username": "vagrant",
>>>>>>>       "ssh_password": "vagrant",
>>>>>>>       "ssh_port": 22,
>>>>>>>       "ssh_wait_timeout": "10000s",
>>>>>>>       "shutdown_command": "echo 'vagrant'|sudo -S /sbin/halt -h -p",
>>>>>>>       "remote_host": "192.168.2.50",
>>>>>>>       "remote_datastore": "datastore1",
>>>>>>>       "remote_username": "root",
>>>>>>>       "remote_password": "somepass",
>>>>>>>       "ssh_username": "root",
>>>>>>>       "ssh_password": "vagrant",
>>>>>>>       "ssh_wait_timeout": "60m",
>>>>>>>       "tools_upload_flavor": "linux",
>>>>>>>       "http_directory": ".",
>>>>>>>       "boot_wait": "5s",
>>>>>>>       "vmx_data": {
>>>>>>>         "memsize": "2048",
>>>>>>>         "numvcpus": "2",
>>>>>>>         "ethernet0.present": "TRUE",
>>>>>>>         "ethernet0.startConnected": "TRUE",
>>>>>>>         "ethernet0.virtualDev": "e1000",
>>>>>>>         "ethernet0.addressType": "generated",
>>>>>>>         "ethernet0.generatedAddressOffset": "0",
>>>>>>>         "ethernet0.wakeOnPcktRcv": "FALSE"
>>>>>>>          },
>>>>>>>       "tools_upload_flavor": "linux",
>>>>>>>       "vm_name": "vmware-template",
>>>>>>>       "vmx_data": {
>>>>>>>         "cpuid.coresPerSocket": "2",
>>>>>>>         "memsize": "2048",
>>>>>>>         "numvcpus": "2"
>>>>>>>       }
>>>>>>>     }
>>>>>>>   ],
>>>>>>>   "post-processors": [
>>>>>>>     {
>>>>>>>     "type": "vsphere",
>>>>>>>     "host": "192.168.2.50",
>>>>>>>     "insecure": true,
>>>>>>>     "username": "root",
>>>>>>>     "password": "somepass",
>>>>>>>     "datacenter": "some",
>>>>>>>     "vm_name": "packer-build-centos7",
>>>>>>>     "vm_folder": "vagrant",
>>>>>>>     "datastore": "datastore1",
>>>>>>>     "cluster": "some"
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>     }
>>>>>>>     ]
>>>>>>> }
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> -- 
>>>>>>> This mailing list is governed under the HashiCorp Community 
>>>>>>> Guidelines - https://www.hashicorp.com/community-guidelines.html. 
>>>>>>> Behavior in violation of those guidelines may result in your removal 
>>>>>>> from 
>>>>>>> this mailing list.
>>>>>>>  
>>>>>>> GitHub Issues: https://github.com/mitchellh/packer/issues
>>>>>>> IRC: #packer-tool on Freenode
>>>>>>> --- 
>>>>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google 
>>>>>>> Groups "Packer" group.
>>>>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, 
>>>>>>> send an email to packer-tool...@googlegroups.com.
>>>>>>> To view this discussion on the web visit 
>>>>>>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/packer-tool/6460479d-d45a-4ac7-8a78-1efbcf23643c%40googlegroups.com
>>>>>>>  
>>>>>>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/packer-tool/6460479d-d45a-4ac7-8a78-1efbcf23643c%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>>>>>>> .
>>>>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>> -- 
>>>> This mailing list is governed under the HashiCorp Community Guidelines 
>>>> - https://www.hashicorp.com/community-guidelines.html. Behavior in 
>>>> violation of those guidelines may result in your removal from this mailing 
>>>> list.
>>>>  
>>>> GitHub Issues: https://github.com/mitchellh/packer/issues
>>>> IRC: #packer-tool on Freenode
>>>> --- 
>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google 
>>>> Groups "Packer" group.
>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send 
>>>> an email to packer-tool...@googlegroups.com.
>>>> To view this discussion on the web visit 
>>>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/packer-tool/95dc5051-f2c0-489e-a4ec-b58d729f2d58%40googlegroups.com
>>>>  
>>>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/packer-tool/95dc5051-f2c0-489e-a4ec-b58d729f2d58%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>>>> .
>>>>
>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>>>>
>>>
>>> -- 
>> This mailing list is governed under the HashiCorp Community Guidelines - 
>> https://www.hashicorp.com/community-guidelines.html. Behavior in 
>> violation of those guidelines may result in your removal from this mailing 
>> list.
>>  
>> GitHub Issues: https://github.com/mitchellh/packer/issues
>> IRC: #packer-tool on Freenode
>> --- 
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
>> "Packer" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
>> email to packer-tool...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>.
>> To view this discussion on the web visit 
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/packer-tool/642784fd-d49b-4222-8fe2-614f25452608%40googlegroups.com
>>  
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/packer-tool/642784fd-d49b-4222-8fe2-614f25452608%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>> .
>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>>
>

-- 
This mailing list is governed under the HashiCorp Community Guidelines - 
https://www.hashicorp.com/community-guidelines.html. Behavior in violation of 
those guidelines may result in your removal from this mailing list.

GitHub Issues: https://github.com/mitchellh/packer/issues
IRC: #packer-tool on Freenode
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Packer" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to packer-tool+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/packer-tool/42ba5ac3-6f4e-4df5-8681-6760cd5ae0aa%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to