> For some reason packer reports no errors even if file is not actually
> copied into the image with file provisioner. I believe there are just no
> checks for that, same with the shell provisioner.

This should definitely fail, either you misinterpreted the problem or this
is a new bug. I would be very happy if you could provide a reasonable
simple repo of the problem that we can look at. Also these kind of problems
should be easily understod from the output, at least when running with
PACKER_LOG.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/packer-tool/CALz9Rt8paZX81pyZjia37_06%2Bd0AE75DGZ9Q2HXO_4bu03%3DfLg%40mail.gmail.com.