The Inverse team is pleased to announce the immediate availability of
This is a minor release with a focus on stability fixes.
This release is considered ready for production use and upgrading from previous
versions is strongly advised.
What is PacketFence?
PacketFence is a fully supported, trusted, Free and Open Source Network Access
Control (NAC) solution. Boasting an impressive feature set, PacketFence can be
used to effectively secure small to very large heterogeneous networks.
Among the features provided by PacketFence, there are:
• powerful BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) capabilities
• state-of-the art devices fingerprinting with Fingerbank
• multiple enforcement methods including Role-Based Access Control
(RBAC) and hotspot-style
• compliance checks for endpoints present on your network
• integration with various vulnerability scanners, intrusion detection
solutions, security agents and firewalls
• bandwidth accounting for all devices
A complete overview of the solution is available from the official website:
Changes Since Previous Release
• Added missing index to radacct table (fixes #1586)
• Fixed searching nodes for "all" devices (fixes #1584)
• Fixed invalid destination URL parsing
• Fixed handling of provisioner return code in violations
• Fixed binding of IP addresses in Active/Active mode
• Fixed cluster status page issues with pid files
• Fixed missing person lookup when using 802.1x autoregistration
• Fixed permission issue on logrotation
• Fixed invalid i18n of MAC address in node location view (fixes #1591)
• Fixed L2 cache write error of new switches namespaces
See https://github.com/inverse-inc/packetfence/commits/packetfence-6.2.0 for
the complete change log.
See the UPGRADE file for notes about upgrading:
PacketFence is free software and is distributed under the GNU GPL. As such, you
are free to download and try it by either getting the new release or by getting
the sources: https://packetfence.org/download.html
Documentation about the installation and configuration of PacketFence is also
How Can I Help?
PacketFence is a collaborative effort in order to create the best Free and Open
Source NAC solution. There are multiple ways you can contribute to the project:
• Documentation reviews, enhancements and translations
• Feature requests or by sharing your ideas
• Participate in the discussion on mailing lists
• Patches for bugs or enhancements
• Provide new translations of remediation pages
For any questions, do not hesitate to contact us by writing to
You can also fill our online form (https://inverse.ca/#contact) and a
representative from Inverse will contact you.
Inverse offers professional services to organizations willing to secure their
wired and wireless networks with the PacketFence solution.
lmu...@inverse.ca :: www.inverse.ca
+1.514.447.4918 x125 :: +1 (866) 353-6153 x125
Inverse inc. :: Leaders behind SOGo (www.sogo.nu) and PacketFence
Attend Shape: An AT&T Tech Expo July 15-16. Meet us at AT&T Park in San
Francisco, CA to explore cutting-edge tech and listen to tech luminaries
present their vision of the future. This family event has something for
everyone, including kids. Get more information and register today.
PacketFence-announce mailing list