Well, Ubuntu 14.04 is not on the list of officially supported distros.
That definitely makes it on the list of things to be developed so this is the
correct list to discuss it but OTOH you have to expect things like that to
happen.

Unless you are handy with packaging you may be better sticking with the
supported distros.

Regards,
--
Louis Munro