So, I've got PacketFence up and running now - partly ...

My gear:
PF 4.0.6-2 on a Centos 6.4 x64 Server
Extreme Networks Summit X460-48t, XOS 15.3.1.4-patch19, all ports configured
into macregistration-vlan (tag 302)

PacketFence properly learns all the nodes on my network, I can manually
pre-register these nodes and they got dropped into the correct role/vlan. So
far so good ...

But ...
An directly attached, unregistered node (that stays in macregistration-vlan)
gets blackholed in the fdb and - ergo - can't connect to the captive-portal for
user-self-registration:

switch1 # show netlogin port 11
Port                                              : 11
Port Restart                              : Disabled
Allow Egress                              : None
Vlan                                              : macregistration
Authentication                      : mac-based
Port State                                  : Enabled
Guest Vlan                                  : Disabled
Auth Failure Vlan                        : Disabled
Auth Service-Unavailable Vlan : Disabled

MAC                         IP address    Authenticated     Type
ReAuth-Timer   User
00:1b:78:3c:8f:99  0.0.0.0         Yes(B), Radius    MAC     7106
001B783C8F99
(B) - Client entry Blackholed in FDB
while a virtual machine on a registered node or a node on a miniswitch with
some other registered node can properly connect to the captive-portal, register
and connect to its target vlan!

PF-Radius says:
Wed Nov 13 10:45:18 2013 : Auth: Login OK: [001B783C8F99] (from client
10.4.201.18 port 1011 cli 00-1B-78-3C-8F-99)
Wed Nov 13 10:45:18 2013 : Auth: rlm_perl: Returning vlan 302 to request from
00:1b:78:3c:8f:99 port 1011
So, as far as I can see, the unregistered node is authenticated correctly to
the macregistration-vlan (302) and SHOULD get an ipaddress for further
proceeding. But instead I got no network connectivity at all.

Am I missing something? Because configuration actually was pretty
straightforward (switch- and PF-side) ...

FYI: When I deselect the "force-registration"-checkbox in PF, the unregistered
nodes get a correct macregistration-ipaddress, but then there is no
captive-portal to register (works as designed, I guess).

Thanks in advance!

regards
Mark