Hello Paul,

What you can probably do is the following:

In the role section let's use the 10 value for student and teacher (Only 10 registered devices are allowed per user). I suppose you are using an Active Directory as authentication source and you use it to associate the roles.

So let's have a look first in raddb/modules
edit ldap then add (Feel free to adapt it) :

    ldap ldap_ad_user {
        server = "info.acme.ca"
        identity = "CN=admin,DC=acme,DC=ca"
        password = password
        basedn = "DC=info,DC=acme,DC=ca"
        filter = "(sAMAccountName=%{User-Name})"
        scope = "sub"
        base_filter = "(objectclass=user)"
        password_attribute = NT-Password
    }

then in packetfence-tunnel (in conf/radiusd/packetfence-tunnel) in authorize section:

              update request {
Tmp-String-1 := "%{ldap_ad_user:ldap:///OU=Users,DC=acme,DC=ca? eduPersonPrimaryAffiliation?sub?sAMAccountName=%{User-Name}}"
              }
              if (Tmp-String-1 == "student") {
                  update control {
                      Simultaneous-Use := 3
                  }
             }
             elsif (Tmp-String-1 == "teacher") {
                 update control {
                     Simultaneous-Use := 5
                 }
             }
#             else {
#                 update control {
#                     Simultaneous-Use := 0

So with this configuration, only 10 devices are allowed to be registered per user. Then if the attribute eduPersonPrimaryAffiliation contain student then only 3 devices can be connected at the same time and if it contain teacher then only 5 devices can be connected at the same times.

This setup is not exactly what you want but it's close.